Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Curl in the Heat Wave

Until yesterday it was too hot to knit. At least for me.

I have at least as many WIP's as the average person. And some of them have begun to pout because they have been set aside for so long. But my lap and wool just don't get along when it is over 100 degrees.

Yesterday, though, it rained. And rained long enough to actually be part of a cool front. So this evening it is down to 85 (almost 9 pm).

I got excited about one of the yarn combos from my last stash addition venture. The swatched combo wasn't as thrilling as I wanted it to be, so I rummaged around amongst earlier acquired balls and skeins. Nobody NEEDS a scarf in August in Texas. But making one for December is another story.

Lesson?
When it doesn't feel like the right time to do something, you can count on a right time coming around soon enough. (When it arrives, do not procrastinate!)

Having a little extra something for a rainy day can make life a lot more fun.

2 comments:

AscenderRisesAbove said...

It sounds as if your rain is the kind that you can walk in without a coat; I dont think we ever get that kind here on the west coast.

I love rainy days for staying inside; starting a fire; working on a project while watching a movie. For us we have to watch Misery at least one time a rainy season working on a craft!

Twisselman said...

Thanks for dropping by the blog. Hadn't heard from you in awhile, and I've been reluctant to comment on knitting, so little do I know about it. My wife knitted me a beautiful fisherman's sweater (for lack of a better name... very warm pullover with a large collar) just after we married. A cherished possession.

Sounds too warm in your part of the world. I'll take the afternoon marine layer that blows into the valley from Monterey Bay, thank you very much.

Funny story about your father's second thoughts on buying you a "room away from home" in the form of a hearse. As the father of a 17-year-old girl with a boyfriend (who's yet to accept our invitation to come over for dinner... always a conflict in plans), I can totally relate. Peace to you.