Sunday, October 01, 2006

When nothing helps, Do nothing.

I'm away from home trying to be supportive of my husband as well as his immediate family while is mother recuperates from a fall and hip surgery.
I thought I was going to be able to knit.
I checked an ENTIRE second bag with the airline that ONLY had knitting in it. DK in a terrific aqua for a new lace shawl pattern.Socks to finish.Scratchy, tangly yarn (in a small quantity) for a scarf.Ribbon yarn (see WAY below) to finish a sweater for self.
Knitting isn't the right thing to do. I should have brought log cabin squares... or maybe a baby blanket. THOSE projects would have been simple, repetitive and soothing enough to work on. The WIP's aren't any of them like that.
So, instead, I am reading Spenser novels by Robert J. Parker and drinking coffee or Diet Coke and being as fully present as I can to what takes priority.
Family. Common Ground. Understanding.
Sometimes knitting lets you know what your priorities really are... even when it isn't the knitting.

1 comment:

wenders said...

amen, sister!

(or mom, as the case may be)